I wonder how to market the use of podcasts to educators for professional development. Is there research out that already exists "out there"?
Where am I going to begin with this research?
Should I do an needs assessment survey of educators?
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Does “market” mean to provide knowledge and skills? To ignite attitute? To focus aspirations? …That will eventually change behavior.
I take on market might also mean to get the word out about the Podcasts so that they are utilized with 'our' QPD intent or objectives in mind.
I am also looking for research on quality Podcast usage that already exists, hopefully within an educational professional development setting!!! Any ideas??
I meant, MY take on the word 'market' . . .
What podcasts are you using? How are you grouping your podcasts? Who is determining that the podcasts are of quality?
Great food for thought. I am also curious to find out how podcasts have been used in other districts with profesional development.
Which podcasts are you marketing? Are you marketing the idea of podcasts? Are you considering podcasts for use by educators or podcasts for use by K-12 students?
Great concept. You could tweak it a bit when you decide what type of podcasts you will be developing to market.
HRD has discussed marketing and wonder what we are doing now. Are we tapping into something already in place and if so, what is it, where is it, and who knows about it? This is something probably all of us will need to know on some level.
So many universities and schools are using podcasts that data should be available on the marketing piece.
How can marketing be utilized by HRD to market our PD? Tanya sent an email regarding marketing from the 'outside' business world. Maybe ask Kyna about marketing tools also. Great resources.
I hope this is on BETA now...!!!
I take marketing in this context to refer to the dissemination of the idea of using podcasts in education. I recently saw that results of an Ipsos poll (sample of over 4300 respondents)indicated only 20% of Internet users were familiar with the idea of pocasting. I wonder what numbers are for Broward schools. Perhaps HRD does have a role to play here?
I am sitting in front of my computer reading a piece about e-Learning and thinking about the focus of your research. The white paper is called "Getting the Organization to Adopt e-Learning."It is available at www.e-learningguru.com/articles/adopting_elearning.pdf
Check it out!
Post a Comment